Alternatives to Abortion Program
Pregnant and scared? There are options other than abortion.
Alternatives to Abortion Program (A2A) provides a network of services that promote childbirth and supports a woman, her family, and adoptive parents. It also offers pregnant women alternatives to abortion, helping them make informed choices and providing a range of services to support them and their families throughout the pregnancy and into the early years of raising a baby.
The purpose of A2A is to reduce abortions and improve pregnancy outcomes by helping women practice sound health related behaviors and improve prenatal nutrition.
Who is Eligible to Receive Services?
- Texas residents who are pregnant and unsure of whether to have the child
- The biological father or mother of an unborn child
- The biological father or mother of a child up to 3 years post-partum
- The parents, legal guardians, and adult caregivers of a minor who is a client of the program
- The parents who experienced a miscarriage or loss of a child (counseling, referrals, and other relevant services are provided up to 90 days after the loss)
- The adoptive parents (up to 2 years post adoption finalization, regardless of the age of the child)
- Pregnancy Resources
- Adoption Counseling
- Abortion Education
- Housing Support
- Mental Health Counseling
- Employment Readiness
- Life Skills
- Baby Supplies
- Parenting Education
Case Coordination Services
- Assist with short-term crisis related to shelter, food, housing, and utilities
- Employment readiness and job skills development
- Assistance accessing SNAP, WIC, and TANF
Counseling and Mentoring Services
One-on-one support and educational classes on pregnancy, parenting, adoption, abortion, life skills, and job readiness.
Assistance with Non-Medical Goods
Baby Formula / Baby Food / Diapers / Baby Car Seat / Baby & Maternity Clothes
Gregg, Smith, Upshur, Titus, and Harrison Counties
At Wellness Pointe, our goal is to improve child health and development by helping parents provide responsible and competent care for their children, and to improve families’ economic self-sufficiency by helping parents continue their education and find a job.
Contact us to Access A2A Services
Lorena Berrospe, Social Services Administrative Assistant
Office (903) 738-6710
Paula Wallace, Social Services Director
Office (903) 230-5258 or (903) 758-2610 ext 5258
Fax: (903) 212-7692
501 Pine Tree Rd
Longview, TX 75604